These air fryer cucumbers are the best snack and perfect for entertaining! Cucumbers are breaded then air fried until crispy on the outside and soft in the inside.
- 2 Lebanese/ Persian cucumbers
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour or all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs (wholemeal or panko)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Few grinds of black pepper
- Slice the cucumbers into 1cm rounds, leaving the skin on.
- Get three bowls: in one bowl add a whisked egg, add the flour to a container (so you can shake it) and the breadcrumbs + seasonings to another other bowl.
- Flour: Toss the cucumber slices in the flour to coat them.
- Egg wash: dip each cucumber slice in the egg wash.
- Crumb: toss the cucumbers into the breadcrumb mixture to coat them, place them into a greased air fryer basket. Lightly spray with oil.
- Air fry: When the basket is full, air fry at 180C/ 350F for 15 minutes then serve with your favourite dipping sauce and enjoy!
- Best served immediately as they will slowly loose there crisp. Leftovers can be refrigerated in an airtight container, for up to 4 days.
- To Reheat: Place them into the air fryer or microwave and heat until warmed up.
Keywords: cucumbers, air fryer, cucumber chips