These air fryer potato croquettes are the perfect way to use leftover mashed potatoes! Soft on the inside and crispy on the outside, the and best side dish or appetiser to any meal!
- 2 cups (450g) mashed potatoes*
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese or dairy free cheese
- 1 egg*
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs (wholemeal, gluten free or Panko)
- Olive oil spray
- In a large bowl, add the mashed potatoes to a bowl along with the parsley, garlic powder, egg, salt and pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Use your hands to shape the potato mixture into croquettes and place the breadcrumbs in a seperate bowl.
- Roll the croquettes in the breadcrumb mixture to coat them. Place thr croquettes into a greased air fryer basket orr line with baking paper. Lightly spray with oil.
- When the basket is full, air fry at 180C/ 350F for 15 minutes. Flip the potato croquettes halfway during the cooking process.
- If using traditional mashed potatoes (with butter and cream), omit the egg from the potato mixture. Instead, whisk the egg and dip the croquettes into the egg mixture before rolling in breadcrumbs.
- Refrigerate leftovers for up to 3-4 days in an air tight container.
Keywords: potato croquettes, croquettes, gluten free, mashed potatoes