Delicious bang bang salmon lettuce wraps! Pan-seared cajun salmon chunks with rice, shredded veggies, edamame and drizzled with a healthier homemade bang bang sauce. So fresh and healthy!
- 1lb/ 450g salmon, cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup edamame
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 8 butter lettuce leaves or 1 cucumber, sliced
- 2 cups shredded cabbage*
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 teaspoons salt
Bang bang sauce:
- 1/2 cup non fat greek yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons sriracha sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Pickled cabbage: Start by placing the cabbage in a bowl with apple cider vinegar, boiling water and salt, stir and cover for 30 minutes.
- Salmon: Cut the salmon into cubes, spray with oil and toss in seasonings. Heat a skillet over a medium heat and cook salmon for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Bang bang sauce: Whisk together the sauce ingredients until creamy.
- Serve as lettuce wraps: Place some rice on the lettuce leaves, top with the cabbage, carrot, salmon, edamame, drizzle with bang bang sauce and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Serve as a bowl: Dive the rice between bowls and top with the cabbage, carrot, salmon, edamame and cucumber. Drizzle with bang bang sauce and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Store leftovers in a airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Store leftover sauce in a seperate container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Keywords: cajun salmon, ban bang sauce, yogurt