This beetroot feta walnut salad is paired with lentils and spinach. It’s easy to make and packed with nutrition! Enjoy as a light vegetarian meal or side salad.
- 500g cooked beets, cut into cubes
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 100g feta cheese, grated or crumbled
- 1 can brown or black lentils
- 2 cups (75g) firmly packed baby spinach
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- In a small bowl mix the olive oil, balsamic vinegar and season with salt and black pepper.
- Chop the beetroot into cubes and thinly slice the onion. Rinse and drain the lentils, then pat dry.
- Place the baby spinach leaves in a large bowl, then add the beets, lentils, onion, walnuts and feta cheese. Drizzle over the dressing just before serving. Gently toss and serve.
- Use store-bought cooked beetroot for convenience.
- Leftovers will keep for up to 2 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
Keywords: Beetroot, feta, walnut, lentils, vegetarian