This fresh black bean, corn and feta dip recipe is the perfect summer appetiser! It’s super flavourful, easy to make and such a delicious snack with your favourite tortilla chips.
Let me introduce you to one of the best summer dips. Oh my gosh— let me tell you!! The sweet, salty and fresh flavour combination is out of this world. You only need a few ingredients and it tastes even better the longer it sits in the fridge.
While this dip is delicious year round, it’s especially suited to summer for several reasons. No cooking is involved, it’s easy to make and great to bring to picnics or parties. Plus, it is vinegar based and doesn’t contain mayo!
Ingredients you’ll need
I love that you only need a few simple ingredients to make this corn black bean feta dip:
- Corn: Fresh corn cut off the cob has the best flavour but drained canned corn or frozen corn is a good substitute. Corn is the main ingredient of this dip so use the best tasting corn you can. If you like, char it lightly in a grill pan or on the grill.
- Black beans: you’ll need 1 can of black beans for this recipe.
- Feta: Use a firm crumbly feta. I find cow milk feta is best here.
- Spring onions: Provide plenty of fresh onion flavour without overpowering the dip.
- Honey: Instead of refined white sugar, we add a touch of honey for sweetness.
- Olive oil: Just a little to coat everything.
- Vinegar: Preferably white wine vinegar.
- Garlic powder: Just a little for a touch of flavour.
- Salt and pepper
How to make the best black bean, corn & feta dip
Start by cutting the corn off the cobs, slicing the spring onions (scallions) and rinsing + draining the beans.
Dressing: In a small jar add the vinegar, oil, honey, garlic, salt and pepper. Shake and well combined.
Combine: In a medium serving bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Stir to combine.
For the best flavour, allow the dip to marinate for 20 minutes before serving.
- Use fresh raw corn. Yep, I used raw corn kernels in this dip. Freshly harvested corn has the sweetest, most delicious flavour and vinegar “cooks” it.
- You can use any type of sweet corn, though. For a smoky, grilled flavour, grill your corn first! To save some time, or make this dip after summer ends, use frozen or canned corn (fresh tastes best though).
- Use good feta. Crumbly hard cow milk feta is best here.
Variations and substitutions
- Don’t skip the spring onions (scallions). It makes this fresh and not not too oniony
- Substitute white wine vinegar with apple cider vinegar. White vinegar will work in a pinch.
- Add finely diced red capsicum (bell pepper) for colour, flavour, and a nice crunch. Use whatever colour you like best.
- Swap the vinegar for the juice of one lime.
- Add a small handful of freshly chopped coriander (cilantro).
- Add diced up avocado for creaminess.
Ways to serve this corn dip
- As a dip: I love serving this dip in a bowl with corn chips. The best!
- Alongside proteins: this pairs beautifully with grilled fish like barramundi, chicken or steak.
- Tacos: stuff into tacos or serve wit these Honey Chipotle Shrimp Tacos with Mango Salsa
- Mexican style salad: mix with cos (romaine) lettuce, avocado, tomatoes, and roasted sweet potatoes for a colourful, nutritious, and absolutely delicious meal
How to store
Store leftover black bean corn feta dip in the fridge in a sealed container for up to 3 days. Stir before serving.
Can you eat raw corn?
Yes! Eating raw corn is healthy, tasty, and completely safe. Just make sure to source the freshest possible corn and clean it thoroughly before you eat it straight from the cob.
How do you cut corn off the cob?
I find it easiest to lay the corn down on the cutting board and slice off a strip of kernels lengthwise with a sharp knife. Rotate it so the flat side is against the cutting board, and repeat as necessary.
Can I make this corn dip in advance? or ahead of time
Plop everything into a bowl, stir, cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day in advance.
Other dip recipes to try
If you try this black bean, corn & feta dip recipe or have a question, please let me know! Leave a comment and rate it below. I love to hear what you think, or any changes you make.Print
This fresh black bean corn and feta dip recipe is the perfect summer appetiser! It’s super flavourful, easy to make and such a delicious snack with your favourite tortilla chips.
- 2 cobs sweet corn, shucked
- 1 x 400g can black beans, rinsed
- 1 cup/ about 3 scallions (spring onions), thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- Salt + pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a small jar add the vinegar, oil, honey, garlic, salt and pepper. Shake and well combined.
- In a medium serving bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Stir to combine.
- For best flavour, allow the dip to marinate for 20 minutes before serving.
- This dip keeps well in the refrigerator, covered for 3 to 4 days.
- Cron options: I love raw sweet corn here, but you can also use 1 1/2 cups frozen defrosted corn or 1 can drained corn. For a smoky flavour, use grilled corn off the cob.
Keywords: corn, black beans, feta, honey