This cabbage tofu stir fry with spicy tahini sauce is the perfect healthy weeknight meal idea. It’s vegan, packed with veggies and takes 30 minutes to make!
- 14 oz/ 400g firm tofu, cubed
- 2 oz/ 1/2 cup uncooked macaroni pasta
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 small cabbage (about 500g), thinly sliced*
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 red capsicum (bell pepper), thinly sliced
- 4 spring onions (scallions), sliced
- sesame seeds, to garnish
- 1/4 cup tahini or peanut butter
- 3–4 tablespoons tamari soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mild curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice or lime juice
- 1/2 cup water
- Cook pasta according to package directions, and set aside.
- Cube the tofu into 1/2 inch cubes and cook in a wok or large non-stick pan with 1 tablespoon sesame oil. Cook on each side for about 6-7 minutes, shaking the pan to prevent the tofu from sticking. Cook until the tofu is slightly golden + crispy. Set aside.
- While the tofu cook, whisk together the tahini, tamari soy sauce, maple syrup, curry powder, ginger powder, lemon juice and water. Adjust to taste.
- In the same pan you cooked the tofu in, heat the remaining 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil. Add the cabbage, carrot, red capsicum (bell pepper) and spring onion. Stir fry until just tender, for about 5-6 minutes.
- Add the cooked tofu, drained pasta and tahini sauce. Toss to combine.
- Serve immediately and sprinkle with sesame seeds to garnish.
- I used a mix of red and green cabbage.
- Can use peanut butter in place of tahini.
- Use lemon juice instead of lime juice if preferred.
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 437
- Sugar: 12.9
- Fat: 23.1g
- Saturated Fat: 3.4g
- Carbohydrates: 34.9g
- Fiber: 14.5g
- Protein: 26.7g
Keywords: cabbage tofu stir fry with spicy tahini sauce, cabbage tofu stir fry, cabbage stir fry, tofu stir fry, cabbage and tofu dish