Enjoy this cajun shrimp salad all summer long. Shrimp are cooked in cajun seasoning, served with a crisp grilled corn salad and delicious cajun yogurt dressing.
- 450g (1lb) shrimp (prawns), peeled + deveined
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- Olive oil, to cook
- 2 corn cobs (1.5 cups kernels)
- 2 cups cucumber, quartered
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1 cup roasted red peppers, sliced or diced
- 1 large romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 cup plain greek yoghurt
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 3–4 tablespoons lime juice
- Pinch of salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Pat dry your shrimp (prawns) and place them in a bowl. Add the oil, seasoning, and toss to combine. Place in the fridge to marinate.
- In a bowl or jar, combine the yogurt, Cajun seasoning, lime juice, salt, and olive oil. Whisk until smooth and creamy.
- Heat a griddle pan or a grill over medium-high heat. Brush the corn cobs with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill the corn for 7 minutes, turning every few minutes, until the ears are lightly browned. Remove from the grill and let cool.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, add 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Add the shrimp (prawns) and cook until tender and opaque throughout, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat.
- Carefully cut the kernels from the cob and transfer them to a large mixing bowl. Add the lettuce, cucumber, roasted peppers, and red onion. Pour over 2/3 of the dressing and toss to combine.
- Divide the salad into bowls, top with the shrimp, and drizzle with the remaining dressing. Enjoy!
- This salad is best eaten immediately for maximum crunch as the lettuce will get soggy. Store leftover shrimp and salad in seperate containers in the fridge. The shrimp will last 3-4 days.
Keywords: cajun, shrimp, shrimp salad, prawns, prawn salad, corn