20-minute chicken salad tostadas are the ultimate quick and easy dinner! Crispy tortilla shells are loaded with a healthy Mexican style chicken salad, veggies, black beans and a tasty yogurt taco sauce.
- 400g/ 14oz cooked chicken, diced
- 4 cups cos/ romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 x 400g/ 14oz can black beans
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1/3 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapeños, finely diced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 3/4 cup plain yoghurt
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1 avocado, diced
- 10 corn tortillas store-bought tostada shells.
- Preheat oven to 400F/ 200C. Place tortillas on the baking sheet—it is ok if a few of them overlap. Spray both sides lightly with oil spray. Place another baking sheet on top to keep them flat when baking.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes. Gently remove the top baking sheet and you will have crispy tortilla shells. Alternatively you can toast the tortillas in a dry skillet over medium-high heat for a few seconds on each side to slightly char.*
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the chicken, lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, black beans, corn, onion, pickled jalapeños, yogurt, taco seasoning, and lime juice. Toss everything until well coated in the yogurt sauce and adjust seasonings if needed.
- Top each tostada shell with the chicken salad and drizzle with extra yogurt if desired.
- Store leftover chicken salad in the fridge for up to 3 days in an airtight container.
- Tostada shells: Bake tostada shells up to 48 hours in advance and store in a resealable Ziploc bag to keep crunchy.
Keywords: tostadas, chicken, salad, tacos