Easy flourless chocolate protein pancakes made with cottage cheese, oats and banana for a delicious healthy homemade pancake recipe! Each serving has 18 grams of protein.
- 1 cup (250g) cottage cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla exact
- 1 1/2 cups (150g) rolled oats
- 1/4 cup dark cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Coconut oil, to cook
- Place the cottage cheese, eggs, bananas, vanilla, oats, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in a high speed blender. Blend or pulse for 30-45 seconds until smooth.
- Lightly grease a large skillet and set over medium heat.
- When the skillet is hot, Pour 1/4 cup of the pancake batter, taking care not to crowd the pan. Cook for about 2-3 minutes until bubbles form in the batter, then flip and cook the other side for a couple of minutes. Repeat until all batter is used up. Yields 12 pancakes
- Serve immediately topped with yoghurt, maple syrup and fresh berries.
- Storage: Store leftover pancakes in an airtight food storage bag or container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- To freeze: Simply allow the cakes to cool and then place individual servings of pancakes in plastic wrap and freezer bags. Store for up to 3 months. You can reheat them in the oven, over the stove or microwave.
- To make sweeter: Add 2 tablespoons of maple syrup, honey, coconut sugar or liquid stevia to the pancake batter.
Keywords: Protein pancakes, cottage cheese, chocolate pancakes, flourless, gluten free