This cinnamon roasted pumpkin quinoa salad is made with kale, feta, cranberries, walnuts and a simple balsamic dressing. It’s easy, healthy and a perfect side to any meal.
- 600g Kent pumpkin, peeled + cut into cubes*
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil*
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 4 cups (120g) curly kale leaves
- 1/2 cup (75g) grated feta cheese
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup roasted walnuts
- Salt + pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Salt + black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180C/ 350F and line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine pumpkin with 1/2 a tablespoon oil on the baking tray. Season with cinnamon and salt then roast for 25 minutes or until tender.
- While the pumpkin is roasting, cook the quinoa on the stove top according to package instructions.
- To make the dressing, combine all the ingredients in a screw-top jar and shake well until smooth.
- Add the kale to a large bowl and pour over half of the dressing. Massage the kale with you hands, for about 1 minutes to soften the leaves.
- Add the cooked quinoa, roasted pumpkin, walnuts, feta and cranberries. Pour over the remains dressing and gently toss to combine. Serve and enjoy!
- I used Kent pumpkin but Jap pumpkin or butternut squash can be used too.
- I prefer to roast my pumpkin with olive oil spray as too much oil can make it “soggy”.
- Store leftovers for up to 4 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
Keywords: pumpkin, quinoa, kale, feta,