This edamame crunch salad is loaded with fresh crunchy veggies, edamame, peanuts and the most delicious ginger peanut dressing. It’s vegan, gluten-free and perfect for a healthy lunch or dinner!
- 2 cups frozen edamame beans, shelled
- 2 cups red cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups chopped kale or lettuce
- 1 red capsicum (bell pepper), diced
- 2 small Lebanese/ Persian cucumbers
- 1/2 cup spring onions (scallions), sliced
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts
- 1 cup grated carrots
Ginger peanut dressing:
- 1/3 cup natural smooth peanut butter
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil, add edamame and cook 4-5 minutes until tender. Transfer to a bowl and let cool completely.
- Shred the cabbage and kale, slice the spring onions, dice the capsicum (bell pepper), cucumbers, and grate 2 carrots.
- Add the edamame, all the vegetables and peanuts to a large salad bowl.
- Whisk together the peanut butter, lime juice, vinegar, soy sauce, honey and ginger powder until smooth and creamy. Alternatively add everything to a screw top jar and shake until combined.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well to combine. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Keywords: edamame, salad, vegan, peanut, crunchy