The easiest homemade gluten free pizza rolls made in the air fryer. A healthier version of a childhood classic using gluten free sandwich bread and your favourite fillings!
They are HERE. The most delicious and easy to make gluten free pizza rolls recipe ever. A healthier spin on a nostalgic after school treat I craved 24/7 growing up. The flavour going on in these rolls is too die for, you guys are going to love.
These pizza rolls are made using gluten free sandwich bread, some pizza sauce, cheese (vegan or regular), and any pizza toppings you like! They make such a good kid friendly snack, game day snack, or appetiser. We are obsessed!
I love making these pizza rolls in the air fryer because the cook time is fast and they come out perfectly crisp. When they are done cooking, you have deliciously crispy air fryer pizza rolls with a melty cheese and saucy center. SO good!
Ingredients you’ll need:
You can easily dress these gluten free pizza rolls up or leave them plain. Add some veggies or pepperoni, anything you are craving. But now let’s run through the filling options:
- Gluten free sandwich bread
- Tomato paste
- Mozzarella cheese or non dairy cheese
- Fresh basil leaves
- Pepperoni/ chorizo: use vegan sausage if you prefer
- Veggies of choice: I used mushrooms, olives, onion and red capsicum (bell pepper) here.
How to cook pizza rolls in the air fryer
- Trim crusts: Slice the crusts from each slice of bread. Roll one slice out until thin with a rolling pin.
- Tomato sauce: Spread the top with 1 heaped teaspoon tomato paste.
- Fillings: Sprinkle with fillings. Roll up tightly. Repeat with remaining bread slices and fillings.
- Coat with oil: Spray each roll with olive oil cooking spray.
- Cook in air fryer: Place the roll ups in the air fryer basket and cook at 160C/ 320F for 12-15 minutes or until lightly golden and crisp on the outside.
- Oven method: Alternatively bake at 160C/ 320F for 10-15 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Enjoy! Serve with pizza sauce or marinara sauce for dipping, if desired
FAQs about gluten-free pizza rolls
Yes! You either cook them in the air fryer as directed or bake at 160C/ 320F for 12-15 minutes.
I usually find 12-15 minutes enough. But check at 12 minutes and cook until lightly golden.
Absolutely. Simply swap the mozzarella for a grated dairy free cheese that melts.
Sliced sandwich bread is key here! It makes the best dough replacement. Use a good quality gluten-free one if needed for regular wholemeal sandwich bread.
How to store
- Refrigerator: store leftovers in the fridge for up t 3-4 days in an air tight container.
- Freezer: while I have not freezed these myself, I think they would keep well. I recommend storing in snap lock bags or freezer friendly bags for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge or defrost in the microwave.
Marinara sauce or pizza sauce are our favourite go-to dipping sauces for these. Otherwise you could try a cheesy sauce if thats your thing!
- Veggie: Add lots of veggie goodness like red capsicum, chopped spinach, artichokes, mushrooms, onion etc for a vegetarian friendly version.
- Hawaiian: for that classic ham and pineapple flavour, add canned diced pineapple and sliced ham.
- Greek: Use less mozzarella and add some feta cheese, remove the mushrooms and add in black olives and red onion to the bread for a Greek inspired twist.
More air fryer recipes to try:
If you try this air fryer pizza rolls recipe or have a question, please let me know! Leave a comment and rate it below. I love to hear what you think, or any changes you make.Print
The easiest homemade gluten-free pizza rolls made in the air fryer. A healthier version of a childhood classic using gluten-free sandwich bread and your favourite fillings!
- 8 slices gluten-free sandwich bread
- ~ 1/4 cup tomato paste
- ~1/4 cup onion, diced
- ~1/4 cup red capsicum (bell pepper), diced
- ~8 kalamata olives
- ~4 small mushrooms, sliced
- ~4 slices pepperoni/ salami, roughly chopped
- ~1/3 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- Fresh basil leaves, torn
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Slice the crusts from each slice of bread. Roll one slice out until thin with a rolling pin.
- Spread the top with 1 heaped teaspoon tomato paste.
- Sprinkle with fillings. Roll up tightly. Repeat with remaining bread slices and fillings.
- Spray each roll with olive oil cooking spray.
- Place the roll ups in the air fryer basket and cook at 160C/ 320F for 12-15 minutes or until lightly golden and crisp on the outside.
- Alternatively bake at 160C/ 320F for 12-15 minutes or until lightly golden
- Serve with pizza sauce or marinara sauce for dipping, if desired.
Keywords: Pizza rolls, gluten free, air fryer, pizza