The best ever gluten free pumpkin donuts made with almond flour, warm spices and coated in a delicious layer of cinnamon sugar. A healthier paleo baked donut recipe that is perfectly cakey and sweet just like an actual donut.
What is it about donuts that just makes the day go from 0 to 100 in almost instantly?!
These healthier gluten free PUMPKIN DONUTS are seriously life changing you guys. They are too easy to make (..but really) and they happen to be gluten-free, grain-free and paleo friendly. These are the ultimate autumn donut to whip up when you are craving something delicious and donuty, but want something a little healthier.
I love that these donuts are somewhat healthy to even be labeled donuts. They are made with just 5 simple wholesome ingredients like almond flour, eggs, pumpkin puree, cinnamon and your favourite sweetener. Personally, I like to use monk fruit sweetener to keep the sugar low and I am pretty sure this recipe also happens to be keto friendly too. Oh and they aren’t fried and instead baked to complete perfection. I spray each donut in some coconut oil then dip them into a monk fruit cinnamon “sugar” mixture and it is absolutely to die for.
Ingredients you’ll need
To make these gluten free pumpkin cake donuts you only need one bowl and few healthy wholesome ingredients.
- Eggs: you’ll need 3 eggs in this recipe to get the right texture. I have not tested it with flax eggs but let me know if you try it!
- Pumpkin puree: feel free to use canned pumpkin puree or make your own by steaming pumpkin chunks and blending it until smooth.
- Almond flour or almond meal: Keeps the donuts gluten free and adds healthy fats.
- Cinnamon + cloves: just a dash for delicious cozy flavour!
- Sweetener: I used monk fruit sweetener to keep them lower in sugar but any type of granulated sweetener will work.
- Baking powder: to help the donuts rise!
- Coconut oil spray or melted butter: to grease the donut pan and to coat the donuts so the cinnamon sugar mixture sticks. I find coconut oil spray the easiest to coat them and less is required too!
How to make the best gluten-free pumpkin donuts
Start by preheating your oven to 350F/ 160C (fan forced) and grease a donut tray with oil spray.
Wet ingredients: in a large bowl mix together the pumpkin puree and eggs until smooth.
Dry ingredients: add in the flour, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon and mix until smooth and creamy with no clumps.
Donut pan: Spoon batter into donut pans then bake in the oven for 25-27 minutes or until ready (I stick a toothpick in!).
Flip: Allow the donuts to cool for a few then gently remove (I usually quickly flip the donut tray upside down and gently tap to get them out)
Cinnamon sugar: Mix the sugar and cinnamon in a shallow bowl.
Dip: Spray each donut in oil/butter then dip in sugar and enjoy!
Baking Tips And Tricks
- The donuts will rise while baking, so be sure to only fill the donut cavities to ¾ full.
- Use a teaspoon to add the mixture to the moulds but you could use a piping bag if you prefer.
- If you don’t have a donut pan, you can also use a muffin pan. Simply fill each cavity with the mixture and place a piece of folded foil in the centre to create a donut shape.
- It’s very important to bake these the full time listed and to let them fully cool before removing the baked donuts from the pan. If removed too early, the donuts will either stick in the pan or break upon removal.
- If using a metal donut pan, spray with cooking spray before filling with the donut mixture.
How To Store Baked Pumpkin Donuts
You can store these gluten free pumpkin donuts in an airtight container with paper towel to absorb excess moisture in the pantry for up to 3 days. They will also last in the fridge for up to 7 days, or in the freezer for up to one month.
A few other delicious pumpkin recipes to make:
Dreamy Mini Paleo Pumpkin Pies
Healthy Pumpkin Donut Holes (Paleo + Gluten-Free)
Vegan Pumpkin Bread With Nut Crumble Topping
If you try this gluten free pumpkin donuts recipe or have a question, please let me know! Leave a comment and rate it below. I love to hear what you think, or any changes you make.Print
Gluten Free Pumpkin Donuts
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 12 donuts 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
The best every gluten free pumpkin donuts made with almond flour, warm spices and coated in a delicious layer of cinnamon sugar. A healthier paleo baked donut recipe that is perfectly cake and sweet just like an actual donut.
- 1 cup (250g) pumpkin puree
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups (200g) almond meal
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup monk fruit sweetener or coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
Cinnamon sugar coating:
- coconut oil spray or melted butter, to coat
- 2/3 cup monk fruit sweetener or coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350F/ 160C (fan forced) and grease a donut pan with oil spray.
- Mix together the pumpkin puree and eggs until smooth
- Add in the flour, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon and mix until smooth and creamy with no clumps
- Spoon batter into donut pans then bake in the oven for 25-27 minutes or until ready (I stick a toothpick in!)
- Allow the donuts to cool for a few then gently remove (I usually quickly flip the donut tray upside down and gently tap to get them out)
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon in another shallow bowl.
- Quickly spray each donut in oil/ butter then dip in sugar and enjoy!
- Store leftovers in container for 5 days or freezer for longer.
Keywords: Gluten free, pumpkin, donuts, paleo
Leave a Reply