This quick and easy flourless peanut butter and jelly banana bread is made with nutritious oats, raspberries and bananas! A healthy banana bread recipe lower in sugar, oil-free and made in the blender!
Allow me to present to you, healthy peanut butter and jelly banana bread that is almost too good to be true.
It’s flourless, gluten-free and made with just 7 nutritious ingredients. Oh, and did I mention everything is thrown into a blender? Yes, no bowl is required! We use a base of rolled oats which are blended together with bananas, eggs, non-dairy milk and of course peanut butter to make a delicious batter. Plus, instead of using jam we add frozen raspberries for that burst in your mouth jelly-like flavour. Truly the best addition ever OMG.
I hope you guys love this bread with a twist as much as I do! Peanut Butter and Jelly combined with banana bread, what’s not to love though?
Ingredients you’ll need
To make this healthy peanut butter and jelly banana bread you only need a few simple of ingredients and a food processor to make this!
- Rolled oats: the base of this flourless PB&J bread is made with rolled oats. Feel free to use regular, old fashioned rolled oats or gluten free oats.
- Bananas: you’ll get major delicious, moist banana bread vibes but in PB&J form (omg yes). Overripe bananas are best to provide a good amount of all-natural sweetness.
- Peanut butter: to help to create that classic PB&J flavour! Be sure to use an all-natural creamy peanut butter that has just peanuts + salt as the ingredients.
- Eggs: 2 eggs will bind everything together.
- Sweetener: along with the bananas you’ll just need a splash of honey or maple syrup.
- Non-dairy milk: I used almond milk but any milk will work.
- Baking powder
- Vanilla extract
- Raspberries: and for our other PB&J ingredient, were using raspberries instead of sugary jam! You can use either fresh or frozen like I did here
How to make this healthy peanut butter and jelly banana bread
Making flourless peanut butter bread is as easy as blend, stir, pour, and bake! In total, this recipe requires only about 10 minutes of prep time.
To begin, preheat the oven to 350F and prepare a loaf pan or 8 mini loaves tins with either baking paper or non-stick spray.
In a food processor, combine all of the ingredients (except the berries) and blend until smooth. Note the batter may be slightly chunky from the oats.
Stir in the raspberries by hand.
Pour into a loaf pan or use an ice-cream scoop to fill the mini loaf pans with batter 1/4″ to the top.
Drizzle more peanut butter on top of if you’d like and swirl around for that extra peanut butter flavour!
Bake in the oven for 25 minutes (or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted).
Top with mashed raspberries if serving straight away and enjoy!
Ingredient swaps and tips
Out of a few ingredients? Here’s what I can recommend for swaps in this peanut butter and jelly banana bread:
- Instead of raspberries: you can also use chopped strawberries instead.
- Swap rolled oats for: oat flour (aka blended oats) or gluten-free flour of choice if you don’t have a blender
- Make peanut butter and jelly banana muffins instead: instead of using a loaf pan (or mini loaf pan like I did here), pour the batter into a lined muffin pan instead. You should get 10-12 regular sized muffins.
Peanut butter nutrition
Peanut butter is an awesome source of plant-based protein, heart healthy fats, and micronutrients. Two tablespoons of peanut butter provides:
- 8 grams of protein
- 2 grams of dietary fibre
- Healthy fats: 8 grams of monounsaturated fat and 4 grams of polyunsaturated fat
- 12% of your daily magnesium needs
How to store
- Refrigerate: this healthy peanut butter and jelly banana bread will stay fresh longer if stored in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Counter: Store leftover bread in an airtight container at room temperature on the counter for 2 –3 days. Do not add mashed raspberries on top, as this this will spoil the bread.
- Freeze: this cake freezes beautifully! I recommend slicing it up first, then placing in a freezer safe container or snap lock bags for a delicious snack. It will keep for up to 3 months in the freezer. Thaw at room temperature or defrost in the microwave when you are ready to eat.
Other baking recipes using oats to try:
Gluten-Free Chocolate Blueberry Cake
Peanut Butter and Jelly Oatmeal Bars
Healthy Chocolate Chip Sweet Potato Bread
If you try this healthy peanut butter and jelly banana bread recipe or have a question, please let me know! Leave a comment and rate it below. I love to hear what you think, or any changes you make.Print
Healthy Peanut Butter and Jelly Banana Bread
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 35
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 8–12 serves 1x
- Category: Breads
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Flourless peanut butter and jelly banana bread made in the blender or food processor with just 7 ingredients! The most delicious gluten-free and healthy banana bread made with nutritious oats, raspberries and is oil-free.
- 2 cups (200g) rolled oats
- 1/2 cup (125g) natural peanut butter
- 2 ripe bananas (about 200g)
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- Preheat oven to 350F/ 180C and line a loaf pan or 8 whole mini loaves pan with baking paper.
- In a food processor, combine all of the ingredients (except the raspbeberries) and blend until smooth. Note the batter may be slightly chunky from the oats.
- Stir in the raspberries by hand.
- Pour into a loaf pan or use an ice-cream scoop to fill the mini loaf pans with batter 1/4″ to the top.
- Drizzle more peanut butter on top of if you’d like and swirl around for that extra peanut butter flavour!
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes (or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted).
- Top with more peanut butter and mashed raspberries if serving straight away and enjoy!
- If you don’t have a blender, you can use 2 cups (200g) oat flour or gluten free flour instead.
- Can use strawberries in place of raspberries.
Keywords: peanut butter and jelly, pb&j, banana bread, flourless, blender
[…] bananbröd med bär ???? https://goodnessavenue.com/healthy-peanut-butter-and-jelly-banana-bread/#tasty-recipes-4651-jump-tar… […]