This mango salmon salad is the ultimate summer salad recipe! Grilled salmon is paired with a delicious mango cabbage slaw and is tossed in the yummiest tahini lime dressing.
- 4 x salmon fillets (500g/ 1 lbs), cut into 3cm cubes
- Salt + pepper
- 2 cups red cabbage, finely shredded
- 4 cups Savoy cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 cup mint leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup coriander (cilantro) leaves
- 2 Lebanese/ Persian cucumbers, diced
- 1 large mango, diced
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
Tahini time dressing:
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos or tamari
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- Salmon: Cut the salmon fillets into 3cm chunks and season well with salt and pepper. Heat a skillet over a medium heat. Spray with oil, add the salmon and cook for 3 minutes each side or until just cooked through. Transfer to a plate and set aside to cool slightly.
- Prepare the vegetables: Shred the cabbage on a mandolin slicer or in a food processor using the slicing attachment. Dice the cucumbers, remove the mint and coriander (cilantro) leaves from the stem and roughly chop.
- Mango: Cut the mango, into small cubes.
- Salad: in a large mixing bowl, combine the shredded cabbage, cucumbers, herbs, mango and sesame seeds.
- Tahini lime dressing: In a bowl or jar, combine the tahini, coconut aminos, vinegar, lime juice + zest. Whisk until smooth and creamy.
- Combine: Pour the dressing over the salad. Gently toss until everything is covered in the dressing. Divide into bowls and top with the salmon chunks. Serve and enjoy!
- Want some grains? Add 2 cups of cooked brown/ white rice, quinoa or couscous to the mango salad.
- Instead of salmon you can use grilled chicken breast, prawns (shrimp) or tofu.
- Store: Leftovers will keep in two seperate airtight containers for up to 3 days. Store salmon seperate.
Keywords: mango, salmon, slaw, summer salad, salmon salad, coleslaw