The absolute best vegan Mediterranean chickpea burgers made with cauliflower, olives and sundried tomatoes! This easy veggie burger recipe is gluten free, grain free, oven baked and served in a bun with a delicious creamy slaw.
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1/4 cup (50g) kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, drained well
- 1/2 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon each paprika, ground cumin, oregano
- 1 cup (100g) cauliflower rice
- 1/2 cup (50g) almond meal
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1/4 onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 red capsicum (bell pepper), thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt + pepper, to taste
- 1–2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 3 tablespoons plain yoghurt
- Preheat the oven to 350F/ 160C (fan-forced)
- Blend the cauliflower in food processor until fine like “rice”.
- Add the chickpeas, sun-dried tomatoes (if using), olives, onion, almond meal, seasonings and lemon juice. Blend until just combined. Do not blend for too long to avoid a mushy consistency. Around 30 seconds should be sufficient.Add a few extra tablespoons of almond meal if too “wet”.
- Form the mixture into 6 patties, place on the baking sheet and lightly spray the tops with cooking spray.
- Bake for 20 minutes, flip, and bake for another 15-20 minutes until golden. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- To make the slaw combine the cabbage, onion, capsicum (bell pepper), garlic, salt, pepper, tahini, lemon juice and yoghurt in a bowl and mix well.
- Serve burgers with buns, slaw and toppings of choice.
Keywords: chickpea burgers, chickpea patties, cauliflower, chickpeas, vegan, gluten free, grain free