The most delicious paleo carrot cake banana bread made with all gluten free, grain free ingredients and no added sugar. An easy one bowl recipe the whole fam will love and is topped with an incredible cream cheese style yoghurt frosting.
Welcome to the most delicious carrot cake banana bread recipe you will ever eat.
I mean, carrot cake + banana bread = match made in heaven and this loaf combines the two classics into ONE amazing recipe. Have I told you all how much I love carrot cake? It’s basically the original veggie cake on the block! I love the texture and flavours with shredded carrots, walnuts, raisins, and the heavenly spices.
And banana bread…. something I make all the time for my fam. Every week I buy extra bananas so I can experiment with new flavour variations— usually the veggie kind! So naturally a carrot cake version seemed to be the perfect combo.
Oh.. and did I mention that it is frosted with a cream cheese style yoghurt frosting?! YUP – we are not messing around with this recipe guys. I love that this bread has no added sugar, is naturally gluten free and it has just the just right amount of sweetness to it from the mashed banana and raisins. While the bread does taste amazing on it’s own, the yoghurt frosting on top really puts the icing on the cake (literally)!
If you guys make this bread at home, let us know!! I can’t wait to heat what you think.
Ingredients you’ll need
This recipe only requires a few simple ingredients and comes together in no time at all. The yoghurt cream cheese style frosting makes this bread extra delicious, too. It’s thick, creamy with a subtle hint of vanilla that truly makes this loaf extra special. For this paleo carrot cake banana bread, you’ll need:
- Almond flour – this keeps the loaf gluten and grain free while adding healthy fats and a slight sweetness to the bread itself. I haven’t tested another flour here but oat flour MAY work.
- Banana – you’ll need 2 extra ripe bananas, with plenty of dark brown spots. The bananas are great in this recipe because they actually make it so sweet that you don’t have to add any sugar.
- Grated carrot – the key ingredient to this carrot cake banana bread! Carrots also give the bread additional sweetness and moisture. They make this bread so yummy and I absolutely love them combined with the banana flavour.
- Eggs – I haven’t tested with flax eggs yet.
- Spices like cinnamon, nutmeg
- Vanilla extract
- Baking powder – to help this bread bake up
- Raisins – my favourite addition! You can also add in walnuts or pecans too if you want!
- Frosting ingredients: vanilla greek/ non dairy yoghurt + melted coconut butter
How to make the most delicious paleo carrot cake banana bread
To start: preheat oven to 350F/180C and line a loaf pan with baking paper.
Wet ingredients: in a large bowl, mix together mashed banana, carrots, eggs and vanilla until smooth.
Dry ingredients: mix in the almond flour, baking powder and spices until well combined.
Add additions: fold in the raisins and/ or walnuts then add to bread dish.
Bake: Place in the oven and bake in oven for 50-55 minutes (I stick a toothpick in and when it comes out clean – it is ready!)
Make the frosting: While the bread is baking, make the cream cheese style yoghurt frosting by mixing together the vanilla yogurt and coconut butter with a spoon in a small bowl.
Cool the bread.
Frost: spread the frosting on the cooled bread when it is cool and slice and enjoy!
How to store bread
- Counter: the bread will keep well in an airtight container on the counter for up to 3 days.
- Refrigerator: for maximum freshness I recommend storing it in the fridge for 6 – 7 days.
- Freezer: this bread freezes well! Simply slice and place a few slices in snap lock bags or freezer friendly bags for up to 3 months. Thaw at room temperature once you are ready to eat. I’d recommend leaving the frosting off while freezing and adding it once you’re thawed the bread and are ready to eat.
Carrot nutrition benefits
This popular root veggie is deliciously sweet in taste and has an excellent nutrition profile! Carrots care a great source of:
- Vitamins such as vitamin A, K, B6, C and folate. and potassium.
- Beta-carotene, a carotenoid that your body converts into vitamin A. One cup of chopped carrots provides 428% of your daily vitamin A needs!
- Dietary fibre, with 1 cup of chopped carrots providing almost 4 grams of fibre (about 14% of your daily needs).
- Make sure to use extra ripe bananas. The riper they are, the sweeter the bread will taste. Look for ones with plenty of dark brown spots on them.
- Make sure you cook the bread at a low temperate to ensure it cooks right through. If you notice the top is starting to brown early, lower the oven temperature by 20 C/ 32 F.
- You can use pre-shredded carrots or carrots that you grate by hand for gluten free carrot bread.
- Other possible additions include shredded coconut, mini chocolate chips, walnuts or pecans in place of raisins!
- Serve carrot bread with a spread of nut butter, butter, or cream cheese.
Other bread recipes you may like
Buckwheat Banana Bread (Gluten-Free)
Healthy Chocolate Chip Sweet Potato Bread
Vegan Pumpkin Bread With Nut Crumble Topping
If you try this paleo carrot cake banana bread recipe or have a question, please let me know! Leave a comment and rate it below. I love to hear what you think, or any changes you make.Print
Paleo Carrot Cake Banana Bread
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 10 slices 1x
- Category: Bread
- Method: Bake
The most delicious paleo carrot cake banana bread made with all gluten free, grain free ingredients and no added sugar. An easy one bowl recipe the whole fam will love and is topped with an incredible cream cheese style yoghurt frosting!
Carrot cake banana bread:
- 2 cups/ 200g almond flour
- 1 ½ cups/ 150g grated carrot
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup/ 125g mashed banana
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup raisins (and/ or walnuts if you want!)
Cream cheese style yoghurt frosting:
- 1/2 cup vanilla greek/ non dairy yoghurt
- 1/4 cup melted coconut butter
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C and line a loaf pan with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together mashed banana, carrots, eggs and vanilla until smooth.
- Mix in the almond flour, baking powder and spices until well combined.
- Fold raisins and/ or walnuts then add to bread dish and bake in oven for 50-55 minutes (I stick a toothpick in and when it comes out clean – it is ready!)
- While the bread is baking, make the cream cheese frosting by mixing together the yogurt and coconut butter with a spoon in a small bowl.
- When the loaf is completely cooled, spread over the frosting then slice and enjoy!
- If you would like a sweeter loaf add 3 tablespoons coconut sugar, brown sugar or monk fruit sweetener
Keywords: carrot cake banana bread, paleo carrot cake banana bread, gluten free carrot cake banana bread
[…] Delicious Paleo Carrot Cake Banana Bread […]
[…] boys are finally here guys. It’s no secret that I am obsessed with veggie packed desserts, (see here + here) AND zucchini + chocolate is the perfect combination! Trust me, these brownies are about to […]
[…] Delicious Paleo Carrot Cake Banana Bread […]
[…] Paleo Carrot Cake Banana Bread […]