These flourless peanut butter banana brownies are so easy to make, gluten free and baked with a tasty peanut butter swirl! Perfectly fudgy, rich and made in one bowl.
Craving chocolate and have some extra bananas lying around?
These peanut butter banana brownies are the ultimate way to level things up when it comes to brownies. Anything chocolate + peanut butter is heavenly to me and these brownies are no exception. We use all grain-free, gluten-free ingredients, and ripe bananas to naturally sweeten them!
Plus they are just as fudgy and dreamy as the boxed mix you love from the store. No one knows they are “healthier” brownies. They are they are a guaranteed crowd pleaser! ????
Ingredients you’ll need:
All you need to make this peanut butter banana brownies recipe are 9 pantry staple ingredients.
- Bananas: over-ripe, browned bananas are your best friend for this recipe! The more brown, the sweeter they’ll taste.
- Eggs: you’ll need 2 eggs to create the perfect texture.
- Cocoa powder: be sure to use a high quality unsweetened. Cocoa powder for the ultimate fudgy flavour. Cacao powder will also work well.
- Peanut butter: Use natural smooth peanut butter so it’s runny and thin in consistency. Any type of nut butter will work like almond butter, cashew butter or sunflower seed butter to make these nut-free.
- Honey: our main form of sweetener instead of refined white sugar.
- Vanilla extract
- Salt + baking powder: a pinch of salt really helps to balance the flavours and enhance the sweetness.
- Dark chocolate chips: These a mixed into the batter and sprinkled on top for extra deliciousness.
How to make peanut butter banana brownies
Preheat the oven to 160C/ 325F. Line an 20cm/ 8×8 inch brownie pan with baking paper.
Wet ingredients: In a large bowl mash the bananas then add the peanut butter, honey, eggs and vanilla, mix until well to combine.
Dry ingredients: Add the cocoa powder, baking powder and salt, and mix until just combined. Fold in the 1/3 cup of chocolate chips.
Pan: Transfer the batter to your prepared pan and spread out evenly with a rubber spatula. Top with a few spoonfuls of extra peanut butter and swirl with a skewer. Sprinkle with extra chocolate chips.
Bake: Cook for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Allow it cool in the pan for 15 minutes before slicing. Enjoy!
How to store leftovers?
Fresh: Leftover peanut butter brownies can be left at room temperature for 3 to 4 days or in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 days. Make sure they are in an airtight container, so they do not dry out. You can enjoy them chilled, at room temperature, or warmed.
Freeze: Package your brownies into a freezer-safe container or freezer bags to store for up to 3 months in the freezer.
What kind of pan is best for baking brownies?
A lightweight metal pan is perfect for brownies as it conducts heat more quickly without absorbing too much heat. They also prevent over-browning and give you straighter edges than a glass or ceramic dish.
What type of peanut butter is best to use?
I recommend using 100% natural smooth peanut butter in this recipe. Be sure to stir it well to combine the seperate oils before using.
How do I get a gooey centre?
Bake them for 25 minutes instead of 30 minutes for a fudgy, gooey peanut butter brownie. They will continue to set as they cool, so you do not have to worry about them being underbaked.
Chocolate recipes to make
Gluten-Free Chocolate Blueberry Cake
Chocolate Beetroot Muffins (Grain Free + Paleo)
If you try this peanut butter banana brownies recipe or have a question, please let me know! Leave a comment and rate it below. I love to hear what you think, or any changes you make.Print
Flourless Peanut Butter Banana Brownies
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 16 brownies 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
These flourless peanut butter banana brownies are so easy to make, gluten free and baked with a tasty peanut butter swirl! Perfectly fudge, rich and made in one bowl.
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup (250g) natural smooth peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup honey (or maple syrup)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Extra peanut butter to swirl (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 160C/ 325F. Line a 23cm/ 8×8 inch brownie pan with baking paper.
- In a large bowl mash the bananas then add the peanut butter, honey, eggs and vanilla, and mix until combine.
- Add the cocoa powder, baking powder and salt, and mix until just combined. Fold in the 1/3 cup of chocolate chips.
- Transfer the batter to your prepared pan and spread out evenly with a rubber spatula. Top with a few spoonfuls of peanut butter and swirl with a skewer. Sprinkle with the remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Allow it cool in the pan for 15 minutes before slicing. Enjoy!
- You can replace the banana with 3/4 cup applesauce.
- Substitute the peanut butter with almond butter or any nut/ seed butter.
Keywords: peanut butter, banana, brownies, gluten free, flourless
Chiaka Onukwugha says
KELLY JOHNSON says
Oh my goodness, these look devine!! I cannot wait to make these aswell as ALL your other recipes! So happy I came across you on Pinterest!
Caitlin Rule says
Hi Kelly! Thank you for your lovely comment, they make for the yummiest dessert! I’m so flattered to hear that you new going to try my other recipes and you found me on Pinterest! Please let me know which recipes you make! 😊
Ivana Komic says
baked it today, my guests were very pleased! Going to make it again,very soon ☺️ Greetings from Oslo☺️
Caitlin Rule says
Yay! I’m so happy you all loved the brownies! Hello from Australia 😊