Healthy peanut butter and jelly oatmeal bars made with wholesome vegan ingredients and NO added sugars. These are an easy go-to breakfast for the whole family and they are perfect for kids too!
There is no iconic and more delicious combo then peanut butter and jelly. Agreed? This combo speaks to my soul and I truly believe that I will always and forever crave a comforting PB & J sandwich.
You guys know I am a huge baked oats gal. I always share my favourites over on Instagram. And I LOVE making my peanut butter and jelly oatmeal bars when we want a more decadent dessert or snack. They are made without added sugar (just fruit) and take less than 10 minutes to whip up. Oh, and they make the best yoghurt bowl addition too!
Think peanut butter oatmeal bars studded with raspberries topped with more peanut butter and raspberry jam. The absolute DREAM TEAM! We use fresh mashed up raspberries instead of a preserve, but you can use any berry you have on hand. You can also use any nut/ seed butter you like too!
Ingredients you’ll need
This peanut butter and jelly baked oatmeal recipe calls for simple, wholesome ingredients that you’ll probably already have on hand! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Banana: you’ll need about 3 extra ripe bananas for this recipe. The darker and more spots, the sweeter the bars will be.
- Peanut butter: I used smooth natural peanut butter. Look for one with 100% peanuts.
- Raspberries: to replace the typical “jam”! We add them to the mixture and spread mashed raspberries over the cooked bars. Fresh or frozen will work.
- Oats: you’ll need regular rolled oats here.
- Ground flaxseed: can also sub chia seeds!
- Vanilla extract: for a little extra flavour boost.
- Milk: feel free to use any milk you’d like. I prefer unsweetened almond milk.
- Baking powder
- Crushed peanuts: optional but adds a nice crunch on top.
How to make peanut butter and jelly oatmeal bars
These healthy “PB&J” oatmeal bars are incredibly quick and easy to make. If you’re making these for your kids, you can totally get them involved in the baking process too!
To start, preheat your oven to 350F/ 180C and line a 8×8 inch square baking pan with baking paper that goes over the sides of the pan.
Wet ingredients: in a large bowl combine mashed banana, peanut butter, milk and vanilla until smooth.
Dry ingredients: add oats, flaxseed and baking powder, and stir to combine.
Pour into the baking pan. Sprinkle over crushed peanuts and raspberries, slightly pressing them into the mixture with your fingers.
Bake in the oven 25-30 minutes minutes or until cooked through.
Raspberry jam: While the peanut butter oatmeal bars are baking, make the “jelly”. Mash the raspberries in a bowl with a fork to create a jam like texture.
Decorate: Remove from the oven and cool for a few. Add the mashed raspberries on stop, 4 spoonfuls of peanut butter then swirl with a toothpick or sharp knife. Slice and enjoy!
Recipe Modifications & Ingredient Swaps
While I have not personally tested these modifications, I think the following ingredient swaps would work just fine:
- Peanut butter can be swapped for another nut butter or sunflower seed butter for a nut-free version of this recipe. The flavours will change slightly, but I think any nut butter would taste delicious here.
- You can use either rolled oats or quick oats. Be sure to use certified gluten-free ones if you need to follow a GF diet.
- I used frozen raspberries in this recipe as they’re less messy to work with, but you can make these using any fresh or frozen berries. TIP: add them straight from the freezer and bake the oats as soon as you can.
These pb&j oatmeal bars are great to have on hand for when the munchies hit!
- Refrigerate: these peanut butter and jelly oatmeal bars will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days. I love them cold but you can also warm them up in the microwave for a few seconds!
- Freeze: if you want to keep them even longer than that you can freeze these for up to 3 months. Just be sure to place a piece of baking paper in between to prevent from sticking together.
More Easy, Healthy-ish Treats
Healthy Chocolate Chip Sweet Potato Bread
Gluten-Free Zucchini Banana Bread
Healthy Carrot Chocolate Chip Cookies
If you try this peanut butter and jelly oatmeal bars recipe or have a question, please let me know! Leave a comment and rate it below. I love to hear what you think, or any changes you make.Print
Peanut Butter and Jelly Oatmeal Bars
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 30-35 minutes
- Total Time: 4 minute
- Yield: 8 bars 1x
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Healthy peanut butter and jelly oatmeal bars made with wholesome vegan ingredients and NO added sugars.
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 tbsp/ 20g ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp crushed roasted peanuts
- 1/3 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)*
- 1/2 cup raspberries, mashed*
- 4 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- Preheat your oven to 35 F/180C (160C fan-forced) and line a 8×8 inch square baking pan with baking paper.
- In a large bowl combine mashed banana, peanut butter, milk and vanilla until smooth.
- Add the oats, flaxseed and baking powder, and stir to combine.
- Pour into the baking pan. Sprinkle over crushed peanuts and raspberries, slightly pressing them into the mixture with your fingers.
- Bake in the oven 25-30 minutes minutes or until cooked through.
- While the peanut butter oatmeal bars are baking, make the “jelly”. Mash the raspberries in a bowl with a fork to create a jam like texture.
- Remove from the oven and cool for a few. Add the mashed raspberries on stop, 4 spoonfuls of peanut butter then swirl with a toothpick or sharp knife. Slice and enjoy!
- Can use any type of berry (strawberries, blueberries or blackberries)
[…] Peanut Butter and Jelly Oatmeal Bars […]
[…] Peanut Butter and Jelly Oatmeal Bars […]