Add these pizza mummies to your spooky halloween menu. Quick to make, they’re a delightful and fun snack that kids will love!
- 500g store-bought pizza dough
- 8 heaped teaspoons pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup salami, chopped
- 1/4 cup baby spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup diced red capsicum (bell pepper)
- Olive oil spray
- 16 spooky eyes
- 8–10 green olives
- Heat treated flour, to dust*
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F.and line a large baking sheet with baking paper.
- Cut and roll the pizza dough into 8 rectangles. Slice both sides horizontally to make little strips.
- Spread pizza sauce in the centre of each rectangle. Top with mozzarella cheese, salami, baby spinach, and capsicum, leaving the strips plain.
- Pull the strips over to each side, gently pressing to create an X pattern, resembling a mummy’s bandages.
- Spray the tops with olive oil and bake for15-20 minutes or until the dough is lightly golden.
- To make the spiders, cut an olive in half to create the “body” and slice the remaining olive across to make the “legs.”
- Place the pizza mummies on a plate, dust with flour (for a more mummy-like appearance), and top with edible eyeballs for the eyes. Assemble the olive “spiders” around the mummies for a spooky effect.
- Serve your halloween pizza mummies and spiders with extra pizza sauce on the side for dipping.
- Heat-treat your flour by baking 3 tablespoons at 350F/ 180C for 7-10 minutes until it reach 160F/ 70C.*
- Store pizzas in the fridge for up to 3 days. Freeze in a freezer safe bag or container for 3 months.
- Reheat from frozen in the oven or microwave.
- Other filling ideas: Cooked sausag, eggplant, zucchini, sun-dried tomatoes, red onion, mushrooms, olives or pineapple.
Keywords: mummy pizza, pizza mummies, halloween pizzas