This creamy, aromatic, savoury slow cooker chicken satay is a dish the whole family will love. It’s budget friendly, full of flavour and takes just 10 minutes to prepare.
- 600g (1.3lb) chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 brown/ yellow onions, chopped
- 2 red capsicums (bell peppers), chopped
- 350g green beans, trimmed and halved
- To serve: rice, coriander (cilantro) and crushed peanuts.
- Gather the ingredients and chop all the veggies and mince garlic and ginger. Cut the chicken breasts into small bite sized pieces. Set the slow cooker to high.
- Whisk the satay seasoning ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Add the chicken and onion to the base of the slow cooker.
- Pour this sauce over the chicken and onion and stir to combine.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 3 hours or LOW for 5-6 hours, until the chicken is cooked through and tender.
- Add the capsicum and green beans, 1 hour prior to the end of the cooking time.
- Serve with cooked rice, top with coriander (cilantro) and crushed peanuts.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for cup to 2-3 days. Freeze for up to 3 months.
- Replace chicken with tofu or tempeh to make vegan.*
- Serving Size: Per serving
- Calories: 627 cal
- Sugar: 16.1g
- Fat: 35g
- Saturated Fat: 16.2g
- Carbohydrates: 31.5g
- Fiber: 6.8g
- Protein: 48.9g
Keywords: chicken, satay, slow cooker