Delicious savoury spinach and feta pinwheels make with 2 ingredient yogurt dough. An easy and healthy pastry roll recipe perfect for lunch boxes and parties!
- 1 cup (250g) non-fat plain greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups self raising flour + more for dusting
- 300g frozen spinach, defrosted
- 100g greek feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup (40g) parmesan cheese, finely grated
- Salt + pepper
- 1 egg, whisked
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine your flour and Greek yogurt and mix well, until fully combined and a ball of dough forms.
- Lightly grease a kitchen surface with extra flour. Place the ball of dough on top, and top with a little extra flour.
- Roll out the dough out into a 40cm x 30cm rectangle.
- Pat spinach dry with paper towel.
- Combine spinach, feta, parmesan, garlic, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Spread mixture over the dough, then roll tightly. Slice the rolls into 12 pieces with a sharp knife.
- Place slices on the lined tray and brush with whisked egg.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden and crispy.
- Fridge: Coool pinwheels completely and store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Freezer: Freeze in a freezer-safe bag or airtight container for up to 3 months.
- Serving Size: 1 pinwheel
- Calories: 118 calories
- Fat: 3.5g
- Carbohydrates: 14.4g
- Protein: 6.9g
Keywords: spinach, feta, pinwheels, scrolls, yogurt dough