The BEST strawberry pancakes made right in the blender! These healthy strawberry banana pancakes are naturally gluten-free, dairy-free and contain no flour or added sugar. Get ready for a simple yet delicious breakfast!
There is something about strawberry pancakes that just scream summer, right? I mean a fresh stack of healthy pancakes for breakfast is guaranteed to brighten your morning. Just add a dollop of Greek yoghurt top and you’ve got yourself a delicious balanced start to the day.
Best part: they are made in a BLENDER.. no spoon for mixing is involved! Which means minimal dishes and a better start to the day (heck yes)!
This healthy strawberry banana pancake recipe comes out slightly pink thanks to the fresh strawberries and is completely flourless as we use wholegrain rolled oats instead of flour. They are gluten free, dairy-free, sugar-free and only sweetened with fruit. It’s hard to believe something so simple and wholesome can taste so good! Which means these pancakes are made for anyone, including kids!
Ingredients you’ll need
In this recipe, strawberries, banana, oats and egg is blended until smooth then cooked in a hot pan to create the most delicious healthy strawberry banana pancakes!
- Eggs – one egg to help bind all of the ingredients together and give the pancakes a fluffy texture.
- Oats – you can use either rolled oats or quick oats! When bended up they create a flour. Steel cut won’t work here.
- Strawberries – the main star of the show. We blend them into the batter and also add freshly sliced pieces to the pancake whilst cooking. I used fresh ones for this recipe but if they aren’t in season you can use frozen instead!
- Banana –use extra ripe and freckled bananas. Banana helps give these pancakes a deliciously naturally sweet flavour and also helps to bind them together.
- Cinnamon + vanilla – some spices and flavour for a special touch. I always add cinnamon to my pancakes because it’s naturally sweet and I love the taste!
- Baking powder –our leavening agent, to give them that extra lift and extra fluffiness!
How to make strawberry banana pancakes
- Blend: place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth, about 1 minute. Let the batter rest for a few minutes while you heat your pan.
- Cook: lightly grease a large non-stick pan with a little coconut oil and place over low-medium heat. Add pancake batter 1/3 cup at a time and sprinkle the top of each one with extra chopped strawberries. Cook for about 2-3 minutes or until golden brown and tiny bubbles appear around the edges. Gently flip and cook for 3 minutes more.
- Enjoy: serve pancakes with fresh berries, Greek yoghurt and a drizzle of pure maple syrup.
Can you make strawberry blender pancakes vegan?
I haven’t personally tested these pancakes with a vegan egg replacement like a flax egg or chia egg. But I think one flax egg would work perfectly. I like to combine 1 tbsp ground flax meal with 2.5 tbsp of water and let it sit for 10 minutes before adding to my batter.
How to freeze pancakes
These pancakes are perfect for making ahead of time and freezing for meal prep. Anytime I make these, I always double or triple the batch so that I can snack on them throughout the week. I also freeze another portion for later on in the month when I know I have a busy week and need to have a quick and easy breakfast.
- Freezer: Let your pancakes cool completely, then place into a ziplock bag and freeze. They will stay good for about three months in the freezer.
- To reheat: let defrost at room temperature and then microwave or toast in the oven or toaster.
Strawberry nutrition benefits
Strawberries are one of my favourite, nutrient-dense summer fruits!
Just 1 cup of strawberries provides 140% of your daily vitamin C needs! It’s one of the highest sources of vitamin C, an antioxidantwhich plays a key role in keeping our skin healthy and preventing cell damage.
That same cup provides 3 grams of dietary fibre, helping to keep your gut healthy and happy.
Strawberries also contain a small amount of potassium, vitamin B6, folate, phosphorus, and magnesium.
If you try this Strawberry Banana Pancakes recipe or have a question, please let me know! Leave a comment and rate it below. I love to hear what you think, or any changes you make.Print
Strawberry pancakes made right in the blender! These healthy strawberry pancakes are naturally gluten free, dairy-free and contain no flour or added sugar. Get ready for a simple yet delicious breakfast!
- 1 cup/ 100g rolled oats
- 1 cup/ 160g chopped strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract/ paste
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- extra finely chopped strawberries
- Place all ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth, about 1 minute. Let the batter sit for a few minutes in the blender or transfer to a bowl while you heat your heat.
- Add coconut oil to a large non-stick pan and place over a low-medium heat.
- Add 2 heaped tablespoons pancake batter at a time and sprinkle with extra chopped strawberries.
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes or until golden brown and tiny bubbles appear around the edges. Gently flip and cook for 3 minutes more.
- Repeat for the remaining batter then enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 pancake
- Calories: 101
- Sugar: 3.4g
- Fat: 2.4g
- Carbohydrates: 16.3g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Protein: 3.2g
Keywords: strawberry banana pancakes, flourless strawberry pancakes, strawberry blender pancakes