Healthier strawberry jam thumbprint cookies made from a simple oat and almond flour shortbread base filled with a warm jam centre. The perfect for the holidays or any occasion!
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (200g) almond meal or almond flour
- 3/4 cup (75g) oat flour or all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup strawberry jam
- Preheat your oven to 160C/ 350F and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl whisk together the wet ingredients then add the dry ingredients. Stir until a dough forms.
- Use a mini cookie scoop or pick up 1 tablespoon worth of dough and roll into 24 smooth balls. Place on the tray.
- Create the indent by pressing your thumb or with a “1/2 teaspoon sized measuring spoon” into the centre.
- Fill the centres with about 1 teaspoon of strawberry jam.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until very lightly golden around the edges. The majority of the cookie will still be pale.
- Let cool then enjoy!
- Store cookies in an airtight container, in a dry dark pantry, for 1 week.
- Freeze cooled cookies in snap lock bag either in one layer or layered with grease proof paper in-between. Store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Defrost by thawing cookies in the refrigerator overnight or on the kitchen counter at room temperature.
Keywords: thumbprint cookies, jam drops, gluten free, strawberry jam