This healthy tuna and sweet corn pasta salad with a creamy yoghurt dressing is tasty, filling, and great for a summer meal. It’s a fabulous make-ahead pasta salad that’s perfect for gatherings and meal prep.
If you love tuna salad like me, then you are going to LOVE this tuna and sweet corn pasta salad recipe. It’s such a delicious combo cross between tuna and pasta salad.
It’s packed with protein, veggies, and carbs – everything you need for a wholesome quick lunch. I love making this ahead of time for work lunches, picnics and summer dinners. Defiantly a household fave!
Not only is it delicious, this recipe is also incredibly easy to make. All you need are a few simple healthy ingredients to make this pasta salad and it comes together fairly quickly once you’ve cooked the pasta. I hope you love this recipe as much as we do!
Ingredients you’ll need:
All you need to make this pasta with tuna and sweetcorn are 10 nutritious ingredients:
- Pasta of choice: I used spirals but feel free to use penne, bowties (farfalle), macaroni or gluten free pasta!
- Tuna: we’re using tuna packed in spring water that’s throughly drained. Don’t use use one in oil as this will affect the results.
- Veggies: canned sweet corn, red capsicum (bell pepper), cucumber and red onion.
- Greek Yoghurt: the base of the pasta salad dressing is creamy plain Greek yogurt.
- Lemon juice: to brighten up the flavour and add acidity
- Dijon Mustard: to add a bit of tang and slight bite to the dressing
- Garlic: for a delicious flavour.
- Parsley: Add a yummy, herby taste.
- Salt + pepper
How to make tuna and sweet corn pasta salad
Pasta: Cook pasta until al dente following box instructions. Drain and then place in a large bowl.
Greek yoghurt dressing: Meanwhile make the dressing by mixing the yoghurt, lemon juice, garlic, parsley, mustard, salt and pepper. Adjust seasonings to taste.
Add the capsicum, corn, tuna, cucumber and onion to the pasta bowl.
Dress it up: Pour over the dressing and gently toss until well combined.
Customise this pasta salad
- Make it gluten free: use brown rice pasta instead. It’s going to be delicious either way!
- Dairy free: use a plant based yoghurt alternative like coconut or cashew yoghurt.
- Switch up the veggies: I think roasted capsicum (bell pepper), chopped celery and chopped broccoli florets would also be delicious in this recipe.
How to store this tuna sweet corn pasta salad
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
Can you eat tuna pasta salad cold?
Tuna pasta salad is best served cold. It is one of those dishes that tastes even better the next day and does not need to be reheated. Enjoy right out of the fridge.
Which type of corn should I use?
I used canned corn here for convenience. But fresh or frozen and defrosted corn would give you the best texture, crisp pop in each bite.
Can you add mayonnaise to this recipe?
Yes, you can if you want to. Try subbing half of the yoghurt for may if desired. Otherwise use full fat yoghurt and add half a mashed avocado to the dressing.for a richer flavour.
More pasta recipes to try:
Hidden Veggie Coconut Milk Pasta sauce
If you try this tuna sweet corn pasta salad recipe or have a question, please let me know! Leave a comment and rate it below. I love to hear what you think, or any changes you make.Print
Tuna & Sweet Corn Pasta Salad
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: serves 4-6 1x
- Category: Lunch, dinner
- Method: Stovetop + salad
- Cuisine: American
This healthy tuna and sweet corn pasta salad with a creamy yoghurt dressing is tasty, filling and great for a summer meal. It’s a fabulous make-ahead pasta salad that’s perfect for gatherings and meal prep.
- 1/2 a box (250g/ 9oz) fusilli pasta
- 185/ 6.5 oz canned tuna in spring water
- 1 cup finely chopped cucumber
- 1 cup canned corn kernels, rinsed
- 1 cup diced red capsicum (bell pepper)
- 1/2 a diced red onion
- 2/3 cups plain greek yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2–3 tablespoons minced parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt + pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta until al dente following box instructions. Drain and then place in a large bowl.
- Meanwhile make the dressing by mixing the yoghurt, lemon juice, garlic, parsley, mustard, salt and pepper. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Add the capsicum, corn, tuna, cucumber and onion to the pasta bowl.
- Pour over the dressing and gently toss until well combined.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days.
- Use plain coconut yoghurt or cashew yoghurt in place of green yoghurt to see dairy free.
Keywords: tuna, sweet corn, pasta, salad, yoghurt dressing
Leave a Reply