Deliciously healthy vegan pumpkin bread with nut crumble topping. Lightly sweetened and made with simple ingredients for a healthy gluten-free pumpkin coffee cake twist!
- 1 1/2 cups/ 275g (13.2oz) pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 1/2 cups/ 250g oat flour (gluten-free if needed)*
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin spice
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
Nut crumble topping:
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts or seeds
- 1/4 cup oat flour
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C (160 fan forced) and line a loaf pan with baking paper.
- In a large bowl combine the pumpkin puree, almond butter, maple syrup, vanilla and apple cider vinegar.
- In a seperate bowl mix together the oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin spice and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir to combine.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan.
- In a small bowl mix together the nut crumb topping then sprinkle on top of the bread batter.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. If the crumble starts to brown, cover with foil halfway through baking.
- Cool for at least 30 minutes before slicing.
- Replace oat flour with a combo of buckwheat flour or brown rice flour + almond flour to ensure gluten free/ coeliac friendly.
- To make nut free use tahini or sunflower seed butter instead of almond butter, and sunflower + pumpkin seeds for the topping.
- Serving Size: 1 slice (without crumb topping)
- Calories: 175
- Sugar: 4.7g
- Fat: 6.6g
- Saturated Fat: 0.4g
- Carbohydrates: 22.4g
- Fiber: 4.3g
- Protein: 4.6g
Keywords: vegan pumpkin bread with nut crumble topping, vegan pumpkin bread, gluten-free vegan pumpkin bread, vegan pumpkin coffee cake