Easy black bean mushroom tacos with cabbage slaw are the perfect weeknight meal. These delicious vegetarian tacos are made with just a few simple healthy ingredients and only take 20 minutes to make.
Black Bean Mushroom filling:
- 250g/ 8oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can black beans, rinsed + drained
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons tamari soy sauce
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- Juice of one lime
- 1 teaspoon tamari soy sauce
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Big handful fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves/or thinly sliced green onion
- 6 corn or flour tortillas, warmed
- Heat a little oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cook for 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft. Add the spices; cook for 2 minutes, until aromatic.
- Add black beans and and tamari sauce. Stir to combine then remove from heat.
- In a large bowl combine with cabbage with the lime juice and tamari. Mix well so the cabbage is evenly coated. I like to use my hands for this.
- Finally, assemble tacos with warmed tortillas (I heat mine over stove), add black bean mushroom filling, cabbage slaw, sliced avocado, feta cheese, coriander and/ or spring onion. Serve immediately.
- Dairy free/ vegan: Omit the feta cheese and use cashew cream instead.
Keywords: black bean mushroom tacos, black bean cabbage tacos, vegetarian mushroom tacos