The best ever healthy buckwheat banana bread recipe made in one bowl is perfect for busy mornings or as an afternoon snack. It’s gluten-free, egg free, low in sugar and so easy to make!
- 1 1/2 cups (375g) mashed ripe banana
- 1/2 cup/ 125g plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup/ 60g creamy nut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups/ 225g buckwheat flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar*
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C and line a loaf pan with baking paper.
- In a large bowl combine the mashed banana, yogurt, nut butter and vanilla until smooth and creamy.
- Mix in the flour, cinnamon, sugar and baking powder, and combine so there are no lumps.
- Pour into the loaf pan top with an extra sliced banana. Cut a banana in half vertically, lightly press on top of the loaf and sprinkle with coconut sugar.
- Bake for about 50 minutes (or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean!).
- Cool for a few then slice and enjoy!
- For a sweeter loaf add 1/4 cup coconut sugar or any granulated sweetener of choice. Or add a few drops of vanilla stevia for a low sugar version.
- To make vegan use a thick plant based yoghurt.
- Serving Size: 1/ 10 slices
- Calories: 174
- Sugar: 9.7g
- Fat: 3.7g
- Saturated Fat: 0.7g
- Fiber: 4.1g
- Protein: 5.5g
Keywords: buckwheat banana bread, gluten free buckwheat banana bread, buckwheat flour banana bread