These crunchy buffalo broccoli wings are a delicious vegan appetiser with a kick! They are tender on the inside, crisp on the outside and perfectly spicy. So tasty and simple to make.
- 2 heads broccoli, cut into florets*
- 1 cup/ 100g oat flour or gluten free flour
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup/ 100g crushed gluten free crackers or breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup buffalo sauce
- 3 tablespoons tomato sauce ketchup
- 3/4 cup water
- Preheat your oven to 220ºC/ 425ºF and line a large baking sheet with baking paper.
- In a medium/large bowl, whisk together the flour, milk, garlic powder, paprika, salt and nutitonal yeast making sure there are no clumps.
- Toss the broccoli in the batter mixture (you can add them all at once), using a spatula or spoon to coat them all.
- Transfer the coated broccoli to a bowl of breadcrumbs to completely coat, then place them onto the baking sheet one at a time, with enough space in between.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes or until crisp.
- While the broccoli is baking, combine the buffalo sauce, ketchup and water in a small shallow bowl.
- Dip or brush the broccoli pieces into the buffalo mixture and return to the baking sheet.
- Bake for another 8-12 minutes to crisp up again.
- Garnish with fresh chives or green onions and serve with ranch dressing.
- Can sub 450g pre cut broccoli florets.
- Can use oat flour, brown rice flour, plain flour or chickpea flour.
Keywords: broccoli wings, Buffalo Wings, broccoli