This nutritious cajun salmon salad with kale and quinoa a a delicious twist on greek classic. It’s so easy to make, gluten-free and is perfect for an appetiser or main dish.
- 2 salmon fillets, skin removed
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 2 large leaves kale
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 punnet grape tomatoes, sliced
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, diced
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Fresh lemon or lime juice, to taste
- Pinch of salt
- Olive oil, to cook
- Cut the salmon fillets into large cubes and rub with the cajun seasoning.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the salmon for about 2-3 mins each side until cooked through and crispy. Transfer to a plate. Set aside for 5 mins to rest.
- In a large bowl massage the kale leaves with lemon/ lime juice and a pinch of salt to tenderise the leaves. Add the cucumbers, tomatoes, onion, cooked quinoa and feta cheese. Toss everything together to combine.
- Transfer the salad to a large serving plate, top with the cooked salmon and squeeze extra lemon/ lime juice. Enjoy!
Keywords: cajun salmon, kale, quinoa, salad