This California chicken salad is creamy, crunchy and slightly sweet. Made with celery, grapes, pecans and lightened up with Greek yoghurt (no mayo). Enjoy in a green salad, wrap or on a sandwich!
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup grapes, halved
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey or maple syrup
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Dice the chicken breasts into small pieces. You can also shred them in a kitchen mixer as well.
- Add the chopped chicken large bowl with celery, grapes, onion, pecans, parsley, yoghurt, mustard, honey, poppy seeds, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Mix until fully combined adjust seasonings to taste if needed).
- Serve with toasted bread, on top of a salad or however you desire.
- Store any leftover salad in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Keywords: chicken salad, healthy chicle salad, California chicken salad, greek yogurt