Chicken tikka salad with yogurt dressing is meal prep friendly and perfect for weekday meals. It’s easy to whip up and super customisable with Indian inspired flavours, ready in just 20 minutes.
- 1 lb/ 500g chicken tenderloins*
- 3 tablespoons plain yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons tikka paste
- 4 cups chopped romaine (cos) lettuce
- 1 cup cooked peas
- 2 cups cooked quinoa or rice
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 Persian (Lebanese) cucumber, sliced
- 6–8 radishes, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- 1/3 cup plain yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon tikka paste
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 3 tablespoons white or apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup cilantro (coriander)
- In a large bowl, combine the tikka paste and yogurt. Add the chicken to the bowl and marinate it in the refrigerator for a minimum of 10 minutes, or up to 24 hours.
- Blanch the frozen peas. Set them aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat with a little oil. Add the marinated chicken and cook for approximately 10-14 minutes, turning it occasionally. Alternatively, you can place the chicken in an air fryer basket and cook at 180°C/350°F for 15 minutes. Once the chicken is done, slice and set aside.
- Meanwhile, add the dressing ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Once the chicken is done, assemble the salad. In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, onion, cucumber, radishes, chickpeas, cooled quinoa, and peas. Pour half of the dressing over the ingredients and toss to combine. Serve in bowls, topped with the chicken, and drizzle the remaining sauce over the top. Enjoy!
- Store the prepared salad in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2-3 days.
- Chicken: Use sliced chicken breast or thighs if preferred.*
Keywords: chicken, tikka masala, salad, quinoa salad, yogurt dressing