Healthy gluten-free + paleo chocolate beetroot muffins packed with veggies! They are rich, delicious and made with 6 key ingredients.
- 300g (about 2 large) grated beetroots
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups/ 200g almond flour
- 1/2 cup dark cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Preheat heat the oven to 160°C/ 350°F. Line a muffin tin with 10 muffin liners then lightly wipe each one with oiled kitchen paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the raw beetroot, eggs, honey, vanilla, coconut oil and salt.
- Mix well until combined, then add the almond flour, cocoa and baking powder.
- Use a large cookie scoop (about 3 tablespoons) to distribute batter amongst the prepared muffin wells.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely in the tin.
- Serve alone or topped with your desired flavoured frosting.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 214
- Sugar: 10.3g
- Fat: 15.6g
- Carbohydrates: 16.9g
- Fiber: 4.9g
- Protein: 6.8g
Keywords: paleo chocolate beetroot muffins, chocolate beetroot muffins, paleo chocolate muffins