This gluten free chocolate blueberry cake is easy to make, perfectly moist and bursting with juicy blueberries. You would never guess this cake is made with nutritious ingredients!
- 1/2 cup/ 125g almond butter*
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 mashed bananas (about 3/4 cup)*
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 2 cups/ 200g oat flour*
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup/ 150g blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- ¼ cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F/ 180C and line an 8×8-inch pan with baking paper or an 8 whole mini loaves pan with baking paper.
- Add the almond butter, honey, bananas, eggs and milk to a high speed blender or food processor and blend for 30 seconds, or until smooth. Alternatively, use a hand mixer or whisk together in a bowl until smooth and well combined.
- In a medium bowl combine the oat flour, cocoa powder and baking powder. Pour over the almond butter mixture and mix well so there are no clumps.
- Fold in the oat flour, cocoa powder and baking powder—mix well so there are no clumps.
- Lastly, fold in the blueberries and chocolate chips (if using), then pour into prepared pan.
- Bake in oven for 25-30 minutes (insert a toothpick to check its cooked though). Allow to cool before cutting.
- Sub almond butter for cashew nut butter or tahini.
- Use buckwheat flour for strict gluten free
- Sub 3/4 cup applesauce or greek yoghurt instead of bananas
Keywords: chocolate blueberry cake, blueberry chocolate cake, chocolate cake