The healthiest chocolate chip cookies with added carrot are the perfect way to sneak in extra veggies! A healthier oatmeal cookie option made with just 6 key ingredients.
- 1 1/2 cups/ 150g finely grated carrot
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 1/2/ 150g cups rolled oats
- 1 cup/ 100g oat flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 350/ 180F and line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- In a large bowl. whisk together the oat flour, rolled oats, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- Add the carrots and chocolate chips. Stir to coat the carrots.
- Pour in the coconut oil, honey, egg and mix well.
- Form into 14 cookies. I like to use a small ice cream scoop for this, but you can also use a heaped tablespoon instead. Arrange the mixture on the baking sheet with at least 1 inch in between each.
- Bake in the oven for 20-22 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Allow to cool before serving and enjoy!
- Sub flax egg for egg to make vegan.
Keywords: carrot chocolate chip cookies, healthy chocolate chip cookies, carrot cookies