This high protein hummus is made with cottage cheese for healthier, creamy protein-packed dip. It’s a delicious and easy to make appetiser or snack made with just 6 ingredients.
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Optional: coriander (cilantro), zataar, olive oil to garnish
- Add the rinsed chickpeas to your blender along with the cottage cheese, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and cumin. Use a high-speed blender or food processor.
- Turn your blender on high and blend until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Scrape the sides of the container to incorporate any unmixed chunks. Taste it and add more seasoning if necessary. If you’d like a thinner consistency, slowly add ¼ cup of cold water until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Garnish with coriander (cilantro), zataar and extra virgin olive oil. Enjoy!
Store in the fridge for up to 1 week in an airtight container. I recommend drizzling a thin layer of olive oil over the top before sealing the lid to keep it fresh.
- Serving Size: Serves 8
- Calories: 118
- Fat: 5.6g
- Saturated Fat: 1.2g
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Protein: 7.9g
Keywords: high protein, hummus, dip, cottage cheese, chickpeas