This kale and apple slaw is made with cabbage, carrots, sunflower seeds and a creamy yoghurt dressing. It’s a simple and delicious side dish with with grea texture and fresh flavours.
- 6 cups kale, shredded
- 2 cups red cabbage, shredded
- 2 apples, shredded
- 2 cups grated carrot
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup plain greek yoghurt
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Whisk together yoghurt, dijon mustard, honey, vinegar, salt and pepper in a small bowl or in a mason jar.
- Place kale, carrots, cabbage, apples, spring onions and sunflower seeds in a large bowl. Pour over the dressing. Using clean hands, give everything a light massage making sure to distribute the dressing evenly throughout the salad. As you massage, the tough kale leaves will soften.
- Garnish with extra sunflower seeds and enjoy.
- Make ahead: You can prepare your yoghurt up to 2 days in advance and store it in an airtight container or mason jar. Then, put together the rest of the apple salad recipe on the day you wish to eat it. Assembly only takes 5 minutes!
- Storage: Once prepared, this kale and apple slaw will stay fresh in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Keywords: Kale, apples, slaw, yoghurt dressing