The best ever kale crunch salad! Loaded with curly kale, cabbage, roasted almonds and toasted in a creamy tahini dressing. The perfect 15 minute lunch, dinner or side dish.
- 4 cups kale, shredded
- 2 cups savoy cabbage, shredded
- 1/3 cup roasted almonds, roughly chopped
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 apple, finely diced
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries (unsweetened)
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Prepare the salad: Shred the cabbage and kale, slice the celery, roughly chop the almonds, dice the apples and grate the carrots. Add everything to a large bowl along with the cranberries.
- Make the tahini dressing: Whisk together the tahini, mustard, honey, apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper until smooth and creamy. Alternatively add everything to a screw top jar and shake until combined.
- Dress it up: Drizzle the prepared dressing and toss the salad using a pair of tongs. Taste and adjust with additional dressing as desired then let the salad sit for about 5ish minutes. Add extra roasted almonds and serve!
- Nut free: instead of roasted almonds used roasted pepitas (pumpkin seeds), sunflower seed or roasted chickpeas.
- Leftovers: will last in the fridge for up to a week.
Keywords: Kale, crunch salad, cabbage, almonds, apple, tahini, apple cider vinegar