These healthier copycat Starbucks mushroom and kale egg bites are a great breakfast or high protein snack. Easy to make without the sous vide equipment!
- 2 cups (100g) shredded curly kale
- 2 cups (200g) sliced brown mushrooms
- 2 spring onions (scallions), thinly sliced
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup (250g) cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt + black pepper
- Olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350F/ 180C and lightly grease a muffin tin with oil.
- In a small pan, sauté kale, mushrooms and spring onion for 2-3 minutes until softened in 1 teaspoon olive oil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl (if you plan to use an immersion blender) or a blender, combine the eggs, cottage cheese, parmesan, hot sauce, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth.
- Evenly divide the veggie mixture among the muffin cups then pour the egg mixture on top.
- Carefully prepare the steam bath by pouring 1 inch of water (fill about halfway) into a baking tray then place the muffin tin on top of the baking tray.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the egg bites is fully cooked through and feels firm and bouncy.
- Store egg bites in an airtight container in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- I used Franks hot sauce*.
Keywords: mushroom, kale, egg bites, Starbucks, copycat recipe