The most delicious kiwi fruit cake made made with nutritious ingredients like almond meal, wholegrain oats and sneaky zucchini. A healthy and easy oatmeal breakfast cake topped with a greek yoghurt frosting using kiwi fruit!
- 1 cup/ 100g quick oats
- 2 cups/ 200g almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup greek yoghurt*
- 3 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups/ 200g grated zucchini— squeezed
- 1 cup diced kiwi fruit
- 1/2 cup/ 125g greek yoghurt
- 1/4 cup melted coconut butter
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 160°C / 320°F and line an 8×8 inch pan with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the quick oats, almond flour and baking powder.
- Add the eggs, honey, yoghurt and the squeezed zucchini.
- Lastly, fold in the chopped kiwi fruit then pour into prepared pan.
- Place in the oven and bake in oven for 35-40 minutes (stick a toothpick in and when it comes ALMOST clean with a few crumbs you know it is ready!).
- Meanwhile, make the frosting. Heat coconut butter in microwave if solid (so it’s runny). Combine melted coconut butter, greek yoghurt and honey in a small bowl.
- Cool the cake on a wire rack for about 60 minutes if frosting. Once cool, spread over the frosting then cut into 12-16 slices. Enjoy!
* Use a thick vegan yoghurt to keep dairy free or sub with mashed banana
Keywords: kiwi fruit cake, breakfast cake, zucchini coffee cake