This hearty vegan lentil quinoa soup nutrient dense, filling, and a perfect lunch, dinner or meal prep idea. It’s so flavourful, using staple ingredient and super easy to make in one pot!
- 1/4 cup water or 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 large carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder*
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 cup dried French lentils (or green/brown)*
- ½ cup uncooked quinoa*
- 2 cans (800g/30 oz) crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups (200g) cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 kale leaves, roughly chopped
- Chopped parsley for garnish, optional
- Soak your lentils and quinoa for 2 hours for overnight. Then rinse using a fine mesh strainer until the water is clean.
- In a large pot/dutch oven, saute the onions, celery and carrots in water or olive oil, cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the paprika, garam masala, oregano and garlic powder, cook until fragrant, about 1 – 2 minutes.
- Add in lentils, quinoa, tomatoes, cauliflower, stock, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, add kale and balsamic vinegar. Stir and sit for a few to wilt.
- Can also sub 4 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- If you are sensitive to legumes, soak your lentils for a minimum of 2 hours to help reduce flatulence.
Keywords: lentil quinoa soup, lentil soup