This Mediterranean style black lentil salad with feta, cucumber and capsicum (bell pepper) is tossed in a delicious tangy tahini dressing. Everything is finely chopped for a simple, fresh and healthy vegetarian dish.
- 1 cup uncooked black lentils (beluga lentils)
- 2 persian/ lebanese cucumbers, diced
- 1 red capsicum (bell pepper), diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese, or more
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Salt + pepper, to taste
- Place lentils in a medium saucepan and cover generously with cold water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a ver low simmer and cook for 20-25 minutes. Drain and rinse the lentils with cold water so they can be added directly into the salad without wilting the ingredients. Set aside.
- While the lentils are cooking, dice the onion, capsicum (bell pepper), cucumber and finely chop up the parsley.
- Whisk together the tahini, vinegar, mustard, minced garlic, honey, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Add the drained the lentils to a large bowl with the herbs and veggies, feta and pour on the tahini dressing. Stir everything together and serve.
- Storage: Keep it in the fridge for up to five days in a tightly sealed container. The cucumber will let off some of its liquid, so you may want to drain some of the juices before serving.
- Lentils: If you can’t find black beluga lentils use French green (le Puy) lentils instead.