Dreamy mini paleo pumpkin pies made with a simple almond cookie crust and delicious banana pumpkin filling. Finally, a healthy pumpkin pie recipe that is low in sugar, gluten-free, grain-free and absolutely to die for.
- 2 cups/ 200g almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 egg, room temp
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
Pumpkin pie filling:
- 1 cup/ 250g pumpkin puree
- 1/2 a large (80g) ripe banana
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- optional- 1 tablespoon coconut cream
- Preheat oven to 160C/ 350F and grease a standard 12 cup muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
- Add the egg, honey, and coconut oil, and stir until fully combined. If the coconut oil begins to harden, it is because the egg was too cold.
- Roll into 12 even balls and place ball in a muffin tin cup. Use your hands to press them down around the sides, creating a cup. The dough should only go about ¾ of the way up the muffin tin. Bake for 1-12 minutes or until lightly golden.
- While baking, prepare filling. Add the pumpkin puree, banana, egg, honey, coconut cream, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla to a blender and blend until smooth and well combined.
- Divide pumpkin filling evenly into crust, about 2 tablespoons each. To smooth the filing, gently shake the tin on the bench.
- Place back into the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until filling is just about set. Allow mini pumpkin pies to cool completely in the muffin tin before removing them from the pan. To remove them, gently run a butter knife around the edges of the crust, then flip onto your hands.
- Make sure you use an extra ripe spotty banana for this recipe. The riper the banana, the sweeter the filling will be.
- For a sweeter pumpkin filling use a total 2-3 tablespoons honey or maple syrup instead of 1 tablespoon. Do not use more as this will add too much moisture. Alternatively, add a few drops liquid stevia or granulated monk fruit sweetener to keep them low in sugar.
- Serving Size: 1 mini pie
- Calories: 156
- Sugar: 6.1g
- Fat: 11.4g
- Saturated Fat: 2.8g
- Carbohydrates: 10.7g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Protein: 4.8g
Keywords: mini paleo pumpkin pies, healthy mini pumpkin pies, banana pumpkin pie