These crustless mini spinach and feta quiche are gluten-free, grain free and baked in a muffin tin. They are great for breakfast, brunch or adding to lunchboxes!
- 14 oz/ 400g frozen spinach
- 2 spring onions, (green and white parts), sliced
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- ½ cup parsley, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, finely grated
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Heat a little olive oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Gently sauté the spring onion and minced garlic until tender.
- Add the spinach and parsley, cook for 8 to 10 minutes on low, until the spinach is wilted (and almost dry).
- Add the lemon zest and season with salt and pepper. Set the spinach aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 160C/ 350F and grease a mini muffin tray with olive oil spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs.
- Add the feta, parmesan and cooled spinach mixture to the eggs and mix until combined.
- Fill muffin cups until about 90% full and bake for 20-30 minutes, or until eggs are set.
- Let the muffins cool slightly, then run a knife along the outer edge and remove each quiche. Enjoy immediately or store in the fridge or freezer.