Healthy and delicious miso pumpkin + kale salad with a homemade miso tahini dressing. One of my favourite salads to whip up and is perfect for leftovers the next day. Made with all gluten-free and nut-free ingredients.
- 1/2 (about 600g) japanese pumpkin or butternut squash
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoon white miso paste
Tahini Miso dressing
- 2 tablespoons white (shiro) miso paste
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1–2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 bunch curly kale, roughly chopped
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with baking paper
- Slice the pumpkin into small 1/2 inch wedges and rub with sesame oil and miso paste.
- Bake in oven for 25 minutes or so, until softened and caramelised.
- Meanwhile combine the tahini miso dressing ingredients in a small bowl, slowly adding the water to thin it out.
- In a large bowl gently massage the kale and red onion with 3 tablespoons of the dressing.
- Once the pumpkin is cooked, brush with the remaining tahini miso dressing and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Arrange the kale on a large plate and top with the miso pumpkin. Sprinkle with extra sesame seeds on top and serve!
Keywords: Miso pumpkin, miso glazed pumpkin, miso tahini dressing, pumpkin kale salad