These cheesy miso mushroom fritters are a delicious veggie filled snack or appetiser to prep for the week! They’re so tasty, gluten free and super easy to make.
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup (50g) parmesan cheese*
- 2 teaspoons white miso paste
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ½ cup (75g) buckwheat flour*
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- ¾ cup almond milk or milk of choice
- 350g (12.5oz) button mushrooms, thinly sliced into small pieces
- In a large bowl combine the egg, flour, cheese, garlic, miso paste and parsley. Make sure the miso dissolves in the batter.
- Add the mushrooms and mix together really well. Break up the mushrooms with the spoon so they are not too chunky.
- Heat a large frying pan over a low to moderate heat and grease with olive oil. (I use olive oil spray).
- Add a heaped scoop of the mixture (approximately 2 tablespoons) and drop in the frying pan. Flatten slightly with a fork/ spatula.
- Cook the fritters for about 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Serve with your favourite sauce and enjoy!
- Can sub oat flour, wholemeal spelt flour if preferred.
- Sub non-dairy cheese if needed.