This sweet potato pumpkin soup is made with miso, ginger and garlic. It is so easy to make, nutritious, and packed with flavour! Plus, it’s vegan + dairy free.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 600g pumpkin, cut into cubes
- 350g sweet potato, cut into cubes
- 1 inch ginger
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons white miso paste
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 1 fresh lime, juice
- Peel and cut the pumpkin into ½″ thick cubes, then peel and roughly chop the sweet potato and onions. Mince the garlic, peel the ginger and cut into thin slices.
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high. Add onion and garlic. Sauté for 3-4 minutes, until slightly caramelised.
- Add the pumpkin, sweet potato, ginger, miso and vegetable stock, and stir to combine. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Remove the soup from heat. Add 2 tablespoons of lime juice.
- Using an immersion blender or high speed blender, blend until smooth. Add more lime juice if desired.
- Serve in bowls with a drizzle of cream, sprinkle with sesame seeds and fresh coriander (cilantro). Enjoy!
- Leftover soup will keep for 3-5 days in the fridge in a sealed container. Freeze for up to 6 months.
Keywords: miso, pumpkin, sweet potato, creamy, soup