This vegan orzo risotto is an easy one pot meal packed with veggies ready in 20 minutes. Cauliflower, mushrooms and peas are mixed with orzo and hazelnut milk for an easy plan t based dinner.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced0
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 250g mushrooms, sliced
- 300g cauliflower florets
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 3/4 cup orzo (risoni
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups non dairy unsweetened hazelnut milk
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat and saute the onion, carrots and garlic for a few minutes.
- Add the cauliflower, mushrooms and peas. Stir and cook for a minute.
- Add the orzo, milk, 2 cups of stock to start, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and stir every 30 seconds until all of the liquid is absorbed. The orzo should be tender and almost all of the liquid is absorbed, 10-12 minutes. If the orzo has absorbed all the liquid before it is ready, add 1/4 cup of the additional stock at a time as needed.
- Remove from the heat. Serve garnished with parmesan and chopped basil or parsley if desired.
- Leftovers can be refrigerated in an airtight container up to 4 days. Add a little water or broth to loosen when reheating.
- Freeze for up to 2 months.
Keywords: one pot, vegan, orzo, dairy free, vegetables