This vegan pumpkin apple baked oatmeal is such an easy, healthy and delicious breakfast idea. Made with warming autumn spices, it’s such a cozy way to start your day.
- 1 cup (250g) pumpkin purée
- 2 cups (200g) rolled oats
- 1/3 cup (85g) almond butter
- 3–4 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin spice*
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 apple, diced (about 1 cup)
- Pecans to top (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350F/160C (fan-forced)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the rolled oats, spices and baking powder.
- Pour in the wet ingredients (pumpkin puree, almond milk, maple syrup and vanilla) and stir until well-combined.
- Lastly, fold in the chopped apple.
- Pour the mixture evenly into a 8×8 baking dish and sprinkle the top with pecans.
- Place baking dish in oven for about 25-35 minutes or until ready.
- Remove oatmeal from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before serving.
- You can easily make your own homemade pumpkin spice mix by combining 2 teaspoons cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger, 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg + a pinch of allspice/ or cloves.
Keywords: Pumpkin, apple, baked oatmeal, oatmeal, vegan