This Broccoli hummus is made with roasted broccoli, chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice and garlic. It’s a healthy green appetizer or snack, that’s perfect to use as a dip or spread in sandwiches. So much flavour!
- 500g/ 16oz bag frozen broccoli florets
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and washed
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin or coriander
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 large clove garlic or 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon salt
- ~ 1/4 cold water, to thin
- Olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 425F/ 200C (fan forced). Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Spread the frozen florets out over the baking sheet (no need to thaw). Spray or drizzle with olive oil over the florets, then season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until the broccoli is tender and beginning to brown at the edges.
- Add the chickpeas along with the cooked broccoli, tahini, fresh lemon, garlic, cumin and salt to a high speed blender or food processor.
- Turn your blender on high and use the tamper to push the ingredients into the blades. After 30 seconds, it should be fully blended. Your hummus will be thick, creamy and smooth. If you’d like a thinner consistency, just add ¼ cup of cold water until it’s your desired consistency.
- To serve, add the hummus to a serving bowl. Garnish with roasted broccoli (or broccolini like i used here), and sesame seeds if desired. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate for later.
- Use two garlic cloves for your basic hummus, but if you’re a garlic lover like me, feel free to add more. Roasted garlic is also divine.
- To store: Leftovers will keep in the fridge for about 4-5 days in a airtight container.
Keywords: Broccoli, hummus, green dip, chickpeas